- He does not come to bless our programs, ideas or agendas. He comes to reveal the Father’s ideas and agenda. He doesn’t wait for our permission, He waits for our surrender. Paula White
- He is an intercessor and He prays for you more than you pray for yourself. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God (Romans 8:26-27 ESV)
- He is THE Advisor, not one of many advisors! NOT the icing on our cake, the flourish to our amazing and brilliant ideas & creations.
Acts 8:29, “then the Spirit said unto Philip, ‘Go near and join thyself to this chariot”. Acts 13:2, “As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, ‘Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.’”
- His imagination is w/o limitation. Ephesians 3:20, “Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ask or think.”
Every creative idea every invention,every great illumination in the human race through or history has come about because of the illumination of the HS in the darkened minds of sinful man,causing a step forward into God’s light!
- He desires obedience more than He tolerates disobedience. Your obedience to His instructions is the only way He can guarantee your outcome. In other words, you can’t do it your way and expect Him to bless it or fix it.
- He bears witness of Jesus by anointing men. John 15:26 “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me.”
- He imparts power to men. Luke 24:49, “And behold I send the promise of My Father upon you; but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem until ye be endued with power from on high.”
Acts 1:8, “But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you; and ye shall be witness unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and in Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
- Frees us from sin and death. Romans 8:1-4; 12-13 We don’t have to live in condemnation/guilt and bondage;
- Works miracles through believers.; Romans 15:19
I Corinthians 12 (gifts); Hebrews 2:3-4 He confirmed God’s word & plan of salvation through signs, wonders and miracles
- He imparts love. Romans 5:5, 15:30; “And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”
It is unwise to ignore this One we can’t live without!