Americans now spend around 10 hours a day on devices. So it is no wonder we all can have a difficult time staying focused. Focus means:the center of interest or activity.
To say focused,we need to define the priorities God has called us to individually and as a family and not get bogged down in what is happening elsewhere or with others. As our world is more connected and we can know what is happening globally in real time, there is a tendency to get easily distracted from our path and our goals.
It takes discipline to stay focused on your goal or goals and not allow yourself to get distracted with all the things going on around you. When we do this we slowly become double-minded and being double-minded robs our faith and prevents us from focusing on that objective or target we need to believe to get to.
James 1:6 But let him ask in faith without doubting,for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea tossed and driven by the wind.For let not that man suppose he will receive anything from the Lord;he is a double-minded man unstable in all his ways.
In a world where so many are multi-tasking,we must make right choices and stick to them rather than spend our time second and third-guessing our decisions. Too many options leaves you tired.
Here are 5 simple things to remember to remain focused:
1) Choose who you are serving and know the Lord has a great path for you. Remember that “A righteous man’s steps are ordered by the Lord.” Ps 37:23
2) Cease all foolish reasoning; Too many options can make you indecisive.Do not over think things. Simply obey the Lord and stick to your goal. Simplify your thought processes.
Luke 5:22-23–But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? 23 “Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’?
3) Watch what you think then say- Don’t allow yourself to devolve into second -guessing your decisions. Do not throw away your confidence; Hebrews 10:35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. Second-guessing does little to move you forward. If you make a mistake,learn from it then move on.
4) Remember that you are NOT A VICTIM but a VICTOR; If you want to rule, than think and act like you have dominion like the Lord says you have! You can get OVER anything if you don’t believe you are UNDER anything!
5) Watch who you hang with. Not all friends lift you up but many will drag you down so pick your friends carefully. Jesus did. Proverbs 13:20– He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm.